Multiport spider gasket replacement didn’t fix backwash leak

Update: The leak out of the waste port now stops after dripping a bit during pump start up. However water is still draining out of the pump and filter when the pump stops, causing the pump to have to re-prime every time it starts sending big air bubbles through the pool lines on start up. I have a new multiport valve and plan on replacing it this week. Is there any other cause of the water draining out of the pump and filter I should be looking at before replacing the multiport valve?

Multiport replaced…everything appears to be working well and water isn’t draining out of the pump when it’s off so far, so hopefully problem solved. Only minor is sue is a few tiny bubbles coming out of two pool jets, but other than that all good. Thanks for the help guys!

Attachments

• IMG_4706.jpeg
    IMG_4706.jpeg
    656 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4707.jpeg
    IMG_4707.jpeg
    537.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: JamesW
Now I have to figure out how to actually use the variable speeds of my new Intelliflow VSF through my old intellitouch panel. Seems like programming it is easier through the panel on the pump than it is through the intellitouch for anything other than selecting one speed/flow rate and start/stop times.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.