Multiport settings for blowout?

PoolGato

Jul 9, 2023
Spokane, WA
I think I have this right, but I want to double-check. I'm connecting a compressor to the drain of a Haywood Super Pump. If I set the multiport to closed, it will block the air flow, forcing it back through the suction side so I can blow out the skimmer, etc. Is this good, or should I instead use an expanding plug inside the pump, blocking the return side, to avoid any slight chance of damaging the spider gasket?

Then, to blow out the returns, I can either use that same plug on the suction end of the pump or turn off the suction valves. Any preference there?

I'd plug the returns with the return plugs and blow the skimmers

Then I'd gizzmo the skimmers and blow the returns.

Or vice versa. Order doesn't matter.

If you have the expanding plugs for the pump, then by all means, you won't have to walk back and forth if you use them.

Then I'd add antifreeze at both ends and plug them all up. I used to tape piece of garden hose to a funnel for the returns but I started using a bendy funnel and it works great too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.