Jun 28, 2022
Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Good afternoon everyone.

Quick question - the pvc that fits into the multi-port valve from the laterals, how snug should that connection be?

The reason being is this - when i first bought this filter/pump i thought it strange that my fitment was a little bit loose. Not long after getting the pump running for the first time I started noticing sand in the pool. Not a lot but enough to notice, unfortunately. Initially I chalked it up to maybe some inconsistency from the manufacturer for the sizing of the sand. That being said - I have since done a "filter to waste" and vacuumed up all the sand in the pool only for it to return again!

Could this fitment be the cause? I Don't think there were any cracks in the laterals. Also, if this might be my problem, is there anything I can do to fix it? Maybe an o-ring on the pipe to help seal?

Good afternoon everyone.

Quick question - the pvc that fits into the multi-port valve from the laterals, how snug should that connection be?

The reason being is this - when i first bought this filter/pump i thought it strange that my fitment was a little bit loose. Not long after getting the pump running for the first time I started noticing sand in the pool. Not a lot but enough to notice, unfortunately. Initially I chalked it up to maybe some inconsistency from the manufacturer for the sizing of the sand. That being said - I have since done a "filter to waste" and vacuumed up all the sand in the pool only for it to return again!

Could this fitment be the cause? I Don't think there were any cracks in the laterals. Also, if this might be my problem, is there anything I can do to fix it? Maybe an o-ring on the pipe to help seal?
Is this a top-mount valve.
Most of the valve-to-standpipe, or return from the laterals, are a slip fit. You could try to wrap a small amount of Teflon tape around the pipe to close what little gap there may be but it usually isn't the issue with sand returning to the pool.
With a top-mount valve, the sand should be too far from that area to get into the gap, unless you have a very powerful pump and very small filter. The sand only rises a bit when in backwash, not in filter position.

The pump/filter combo is an Intex SX 3000. The valve does "mount" by slipping over the pipe. just seemed a little loose and since i'm seeing some sand in my pool i was curious if this could be he cause.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.