Nebraska
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Our pool project is nearing completion, had crystal clear water and landscapers are not finished and we just had a 1.5” downpour in:30 min needless to say we had the pool water rise 2” and had a mud stream run into it, and turn our clear water to murky muddy water

Chlorine is ok, adjusted for PH, alkalinity is a little high 130 so I dropped PH to 7.1 and have the slide running to aerate

I did a filter clean as well

Water seems to be getting a little better but not much

This was 2 days ago what next should I do mext

You’re going to need to run the pump 24/7 and clean the filter often. Let the filter rise 25% over clean pressure and then take it apart and clean it out. Unfortunately, with a cartridge filter, you have no vac to waste option so there’s not much you can do but filter.

Main drain is direct, 2 skimmers on east plumbed together, 2 skimmers on west side plumbed together
Flow can be independently controlled between Main and both sets of skimmers

As far as draining I would rather not, took 3 days to fill and longer to heat I am Alain on a well

Main drain is direct, 2 skimmers on east plumbed together, 2 skimmers on west side plumbed together
Flow can be independently controlled between Main and both sets of skimmers

As far as draining I would rather not, took 3 days to fill and longer to heat I am Alain on a well
I am also on a well so would rather not drain

Reactions: RLP
I would adjust your intake so that you can pull on the MD as much as possible but without risking losing prime on the pump. Minimal skimming, maximum MD.

Sweep slowly and carefully towards the drain without disturbing the sediment as much as possible.

Do you have a manual vacuum head and pole?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey, OP. I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I recovered from a mudslide just two months ago.

Gather 'round, kids. Uncle Sum has a story to tell.

Once upon a time (three months ago) in a mythical land called Florida, there lived a dude. This dude had a pool. This dude and his family loved their pool. They loved it so much that for the past five years they had entrusted its care to a company that they thought specialized in pools. That company was called 'PaP'. The dude thought his pool was awesome and thought PaP was doing a great job. The dude just didn't know any better. For years, though, the Dude lived in his blissful ignorance thinking all was right with his pool's world.

Then one night came a torrential rain monster. The monster blew wind and rain like the dude had hardly seen in his whole life of living in the mythical land. The torrential rain monster was super centralized to his neighborhood and even seemed like it had just sat right above his house and let it loose. It made the dude's roof leak and with all the rain, it made the dude's back yard slide down into his pool and patio and deposited mud everywhere it went, including into the track of the dude's sliding back door! The dude knew just what to do. He called PaP knowing they would surely help a loyal member of their clientele. Little did the dude know, there was a mean ogre that owned the dude's local PaP franchise. The ogre told the dude that PaP wouldn't be able to help them out without first fixing the landscaping that caused the issue. It just so happened that the ogre's PaP sold landscaping services! How convenient! The dude said a lot of words to the ogre. Most of those words would get the dude banned from this forum if he said them here. So, the dude decided he would fix his pool by himself.

Luckily for the dude, there is a Leslie's not too far away and the manager of the Leslie's is actually a good guy who doesn't try to push Crud off on desperate people. The manager sold the dude some Alum, a 3-way valve, and a backwash hose. Then the manager gave the dude some instructions (which happen to be the same instructions posted in the pool school!). With these supplies and the knowledge imparted, the dude took off on a quest. He removed the filter cartridge, installed the 3-way valve, connected the backwash hose, added the Alum, cycled the water, then shut everything off and let it sit until the next day. The next day, the dude woke up early and found almost a half inch of mud had settled to the bottom. He rolled out the backwash hose to the storm drain in front of his house. Fear not! It had been almost a week since chlorine had been added, so the dude was within his mythical land's guidelines. He connected the vacuum hose and got to quick work!

A week later, the dude's pool had never looked so beautiful (don't judge the dirt around the main drain). The dude could stand above his pool's deep end and could clearly make out the Hayward logo on the main drain from about 10 feet away! He learned about adding salt to make his water softer. And borates to do the same, plus buffer his pH and make his water sparkle. The dude learned liquid chlorine is the way to go. That it's not normal to have green water sometimes because the dude now knows to increase his chlorine use before and after a heavy bather load. The dude also learned that the pucks PaP had been using were not good for long term use. The dude learned so much and he's so grateful. The dude hopes you can learn something from him.

THE END

link to gallery

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats and SoDel
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.