Moving water for short time then nothing

freebird1963

Jul 30, 2012
So when I turn on the pump it works great. Moving water and circulating with good power.
After a short time, hour or so when I go back out the pressure gauge is still at same PSI but there is no water being circulated. There's no pressure holding the skimmer basket in either.
I can turn off. Let sit for a while and come back and normally a restart will get the pressure going but not always.
I have check and can't seem to find any thing plugged up.
I rewired it with the white spa hosing as it did this with the cheap gray hosing they installed originally. No leaks. Opening air valve no air comes out, water only.
Pump is around 2 years old. No real concerning noises or screeches from it when running. Blue Torrent I believe it is.
I'm out of ideas.
Thanks

IMG_E3466.JPG

I would check two things at the moment:
1 - With power OFF, reach into the pump and check to ensure the impeller can turn relatively freely and is not plugged.
2 - Check to ensure the filter isn't plugged. The psi gauge may be defective.
It looks like you have a cartridge filter. I'm sure that it's plugged up. To test that just remove the cartridge and see if you still have water movement. The pressure gauge might also be defective.

So when I turn on the pump it works great. Moving water and circulating with good power.
After a short time, hour or so when I go back out the pressure gauge is still at same PSI but there is no water being circulated. There's no pressure holding the skimmer basket in either.
I can turn off. Let sit for a while and come back and normally a restart will get the pressure going but not always.
I have check and can't seem to find any thing plugged up.
I rewired it with the white spa hosing as it did this with the cheap gray hosing they installed originally. No leaks. Opening air valve no air comes out, water only.
Pump is around 2 years old. No real concerning noises or screeches from it when running. Blue Torrent I believe it is.
I'm out of ideas.
Thanks

View attachment 557798
How old is the cartridge?

Is the water tint a reflection or is it green and cloudy ?

Have you added any floccs or such ?