Motor Replacement - Pentair 2HP 2 Speed WFDS-28

cgio11

Aug 5, 2023
Ft Lauderdale, FL
My equipment was originally installed by previous homeowner in 2017 - in 2021 I replaced the original Pentair 2 HP 2 Speed WFDS-28 230 v with a Century 2 HP 2 speed partn no 7-196445-05. Over the past two years I have had a number of issues with the Century replacement including replacement of the capacitor twice, casing rust, a frayed wire and now the motor is overheating. I would like to replace with something that will last longer and I see that the original Pentair pump has been discontinued.

My system is controlled by an iaqualink RS Purelink panel. The pump side is a pentair whisperflo high performance pump with a Jandy Pro Series aqua pure system. Please let me know if I left out any pertinent information - which replacement pump would you reccomend?

My equipment was originally installed by previous homeowner in 2017 - in 2021 I replaced the original Pentair 2 HP 2 Speed WFDS-28 230 v with a Century 2 HP 2 speed partn no 7-196445-05. Over the past two years I have had a number of issues with the Century replacement including replacement of the capacitor twice, casing rust, a frayed wire and now the motor is overheating. I would like to replace with something that will last longer and I see that the original Pentair pump has been discontinued.

My system is controlled by an iaqualink RS Purelink panel. The pump side is a pentair whisperflo high performance pump with a Jandy Pro Series aqua pure system. Please let me know if I left out any pertinent information - which replacement pump would you reccomend?
Is this a pool? Pool/spa? What is the software revision of your Jandy system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.