Bronze Supporter
Jun 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
No matter where I source motor bonding lugs, they rust within a year and the screw cannot be removed. Does anyone know where I can get lugs that don't rust or corrode? I have yet to use brass lugs, just copper.

Reactions: KevMo
No matter where I source motor bonding lugs, they rust within a year and the screw cannot be removed. Does anyone know where I can get lugs that don't rust or corrode? I have yet to use brass lugs, just copper.
A stainless screw as was mentioned. If you do this a lot, its worth it to get a tube of AquaShield grease. Very pricey, but very good. I use about a tube every two years. After putting the bond wire in the lug, with the screw out, I coat the screw with it, thread it in tight, put a bit more over the whole assembly. I've come back after 10 years and been able to remove the screw with no issues. It is truly a waterproof grease. Get it on your clothes and its there forever, I've got the shirts to prove it. Works great on boat trailer wheel bearings as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.