lebanon OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Ok. I’ve posted a couple times about my soon to be installed pool and and received a lot of answers.
It will be a 24 ft pool. I just received a rj45 45 swg today.
I’m upgrading from a big steel frame pool so I’m familiar to pools but still learning.
So,
I guess I’ll need a timer to run the pump and swg. My old setup had a timer on it. I have a two speed pump so I could run on low speed for long periods or high speed for shorter. The pump is 110 v. Originally I planned to just run the pump on low all the time. I then decided to do salt water so i figured I would regulate the time. Any timer recommendations?

Also,
Wind direction puts my most favorable skimmer location under where my deck will be installed. I’ve seen a few posts about this but anyone have current ideas or pictures with skimmer access trap door?

I’m very experienced with electrical and plumbing and building decks etc. but now that there’s a pool involved with everything it is getting a little overwhelming trying to plan all this out!

I have a two speed pump so I could run on low speed for long periods or high speed for shorter.

Speed of the pump does not change the amount of chlorine generated from a SWG. Pump runtime needed is the same.

I then decided to do salt water so i figured I would regulate the time. Any timer recommendations?

Intermatic mechanical timer.

Reactions: T_Scott
Speed of the pump does not change the amount of chlorine generated from a SWG. Pump runtime needed is the same
Yes that’s why I won’t just run on low all the time at a lower chlorine output. Will
Just run what is needed maybe on high speed. I figure the swg would last longer the less hours it is running possibly?

Ok. I’ve posted a couple times about my soon to be installed pool
Keep it all here, going forward.

Even if it's unrelated things like a which skimmer or SWG, some may cross pollinate and the continuity suffers when relevant info is all over the place in multiple threads. :)

Edit the title as things progress

New pool : planning
New pool : site prep
New pool : going up

(Etc)

Reactions: T_Scott
You need the same runtime hours regardless of pump speed
Yes. I understand. I am referring to running at low speed(less electricity) and lower set percentage output on swg versus running high speed on pump for a shorter time but having a higher percentage output on swg. Swg output setting would be based on run time.
is the swg lifespan based solely on hours that is running or does output percentage factor in?

is the swg lifespan based solely on hours that is running or does output percentage factor in?

SWG lifespan is based on generating time.

12 hours runtime at 30% uses same life as 6 hours at 60% and gives same FC output.

Several of us run at low speed 24/7. Some, like @Newdude, have pump and SWG wired together so that SWG runs when pump is running, and they just set SWG for a low output.

Others, like me, have them wired separately and have SWG on a timer to run for a few hours at a higher output.

(But, one of the timer “dogs” fell off and I have NO IDEA where it went! So I took the other one off too, and now have my SWG running 24/7 at a low percentage. LOL)

Reactions: Newdude
But, one of the timer “dogs” fell off and I have NO IDEA where it went! So I took the other one off too, and now have my SWG running 24/7 at a low percentage. LOL
Who are we to tell the universe that we know better ? It was meant to be. (y)

• Haha
Reactions: kellyfair

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support