Monitoring an Auto-Fill System

My partial solution for this problem was installing a Flume water flow sensor on my home's water meter. While it won't alert me about an overflow, it reliably reports when I have a steady stream from the autofill. In my case, it reports something like 2 gpm while it's running and will send me a message about a "potential leak". It's not perfect for this use, as it needs a sustained trickle to trigger. It also sends the same alert for other leak events (like a leaky toilet seal) , but it's enough to trigger my investigation and as a bonus I get full house monitoring of water usage.

Reactions: Dirk and Mdragger88
I was following another thread here about flume, maybe yours, and I see the usefulness of it. I have three water meters on my property now, and would love to be able to monitor them all remotely. But I just now got into a wrestling match with a Roomba gone wild and I fear for my sanity if I add one more gizmo!! 🤪

Had to call it a draw. It's back on its charger, but not after aggravating me into swear-mode. Nobody wins a head-butt!

Sheep butting hi-res stock photography and images - Page 2 - Alamy

• Wow
Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.