midwest pool guy

May 26, 2022
indiana
Hello fellow pool users. We bought a house with an indoor pool 2 years ago, and it had been mostly pain and suffering with a few swimming days sprinkled in.

We've replaced the pool filter, updated the wiring, and recently the vintage Hayward H150 series heater stopped working. After removing it, we found that it was mostly rusted out. So to my question. My wife is dead set on using a heat pump. We are well aware that in Indiana it will not be as effective below 20 degrees. The next project will be incorporating solar to power the heat exchanger.
We are looking at the Rheem 8450TI-E 140K. My first question is, are the Rheem and the Raypak the same model? I am aware that Rheem bought Raypak.
Since this is a heat pump, I assume I will still have to use the existing pool pump. Is that a correct assumption.
In terms of reliability is there another brand we should consider that has the same reputation as Rheem/Raypak?

Finally, we have a pool company that we trust, but we can never get them to return our call. We have a good plumber and HVAC person. I hope they don't read this, but they look at each other while informing me that the other person would be a better fit. So my question is if we purchase a Rheem or Raypak will they still honor the warranty and if something happens come out to troubleshoot an issue?

Thank you so much in advance.

David

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.