Misalignment options

If you dig just a little bit more near the top of the pic, I bet you can move the lower pipe in position. Heating the lower pipe can help too so you don't need to dig as much.

You basically have 2 options here. The valve will accept 2.5" fittings around the outside so you'll need to cut the new 90 off in order to glue a 2.5" on the valve. 1) a 2.5" 90 with a 2" reducer bushing or 2) a 2.5" coupling/ 2" reducer and a 2" street 90. Either way it's going to be close.

MAS985 - thank you for the suggestion, i was thinking this is my best bet - dig out further and try to shift the pipe over to slip into the coupler.

i was worried about the amount of deviation the pipe can withstand before i introduce stress fracture

JoelFitz - thank you as well. this will be my option if i feel that shifting the lower pipe either direction will introduce failure.

this also seems like it would shave enough length off to accommodate for the difference, using a 2.5" elbow over the jandy down to a reducer /coupler.

Good stuff, thanks team!

Thanks for the link, i actually built one of hese for digging post holes, i made a "T" with a t fitting , end cap and 3 pieces of black pipe. The top of the T is my handle , smashed the end of the black pipe with a hammer and thread a hose onto open end of t handle. Funny i didnt even think to use it for this project! Ill give it a go soon

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.