Milky white water after gritty substance removal

I started my SLAM on 4/4 and it looks like I ended it on somewhere around 4/14. I was keeping notes in a notebook and it looks like the last high FC was on 4/13. There were a lot of days, I couldn't check every hour because of work and kid duty. The more you, or someone else in the house can check your pool and bump the FC back up to 12, the quicker it will go. If your water is clear, you can bring the FC down to below 12 and swim. Just keep in mind, that it will slow down your SLAM and final finish. Here is a link to my SLAM and my pool challenges. Not Sure Where to Start - Or What We Are Doing Wrong

We swam while we were SLAMing a few weeks ago.

It is safe to swim when:
PH is 7.2 to 7.8
FC is above minimum and below shock level for your CYA
Water is clear

Our CYA was 70 ppm, shock for 70 cya is 28, we held FC at 25-26 and swam every day for a week and a half while SLAMing. Our water was clear the whole time.

It is safe to swim when:
PH is 7.2 to 7.8
FC is above minimum and below shock level for your CYA
Water is clear
Just to clarifiy what Pooldv said:
Water is clear. As long as you can see the bottom, the water is clear enough. You want to be able to see someone if they are in trouble or having dificulty and are in danger of drowning.
Just hang in there, it will clear up and be so clean you can throw a quarter in and see if it landed heads or tails in the deep end

You are making good progress! Have you been brushing your pool? That needs to be done at least once a day, twice if you can. You need to get all of the yuckies in to the water for the bleach to keep and filter to filter.

The CC is showing you that the FC is doing it's job! NICE!

You will know you are on the down hill side when your FC stays longer and your CC start going down.

Kim

Ok so some interesting results this morning.

So last night at 8:10 I put in my last gallon of Chlorine and at 10PM FC was at 15. I did not add any more Chlorine at 10PM. Then, this morning I got up and did a FC test before any direct sunlight was hitting the pool and my CYA is lower and my Chlorine is nearly gone. I added another gallon of Chlorine but don't know what to do about CYA.

Here are the results (I guess my image quota is up so I have to post a link)

Imgur

Thom

- - - Updated - - -

Should I add more stabilizer?

- - - Updated - - -

Also there appears to be bubbles on top of the pool water and some foam in the skimmer now..

The chlorine is definitely fighting something. That's why the MAINTAIN part of SLAMMING is so important. Keep that FC up every hour if you are home and awake. Test FC and add bleach hourly as often as you can. Do not Worry about the CYA unless it has been a week since you added it. If it has not been a week since you added it, then there is no need to test. You are wasting your reagents.. If it has been a full week, you can add stabilizer, if it hasn't, just trust and FOCUS on keeping the FC up.

[emoji176] Lisa P.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So test FC in another hour, let the CYA continue to dissolve and trust it is there. The fact your. FC was 17 an hour later is good. Generally, you need to worry about CYA falling if you've had to add a lot of water. It doesn't evaporate out hence how it keeps the FC stabilized.

[emoji176] Lisa P.

What ever it is in your pool it is a MONSTER! WoW that is some appetite it has! For right now I do not think I would worry with the CYA so long as it is showing some in there. Just keep adding/feeding chlorine!

Good luck!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kimkats that actually made me laugh. You're right though, my pool is surrounded on 4 sides by trees, so there's tons of organic matter in there. We also had a lot of worms (for some reason) this year so I'm sure all of that is contributing to the problem.

Ok so I added 1gallon of Chlorine at 7AM and haven't added any since then and the levels are stabilized. Here's the latest report: Imgur

- - - Updated - - -

Lisa, why is it good that my FC shot up so quickly? What does that mean exactly? Yesterday it took 4-5 gallons of Chlorine to get it up there and now 1 does it. Is that the CYA helping or something?

So test FC in another hour, let the CYA continue to dissolve and trust it is there. The fact your. FC was 17 an hour later is good. Generally, you need to worry about CYA falling if you've had to add a lot of water. It doesn't evaporate out hence how it keeps the FC stabilized.

[emoji176] Lisa P.

I have a job for you. Go take a pic of your steps. Date and share it here. Every day take a pic of the same spot. I am hoping that when you see it like that you will see the changes. Your eyes will not see it but the pics will show it!

Here is some POP-Pool Owners Patience I wish it were faster :(

Kim

LOL at least I know you followed directions on how to add CYA!!! CUTE!

Your pool and area is so pretty! We will be able to look and see it as it clears. It will be slow but...........it will be so worth it in the end!

kim

I've read about all sorts of dead things that people here have found in their pools! Luckily for me so far it's only worms and bugs. I do have birds that drop poop in the pool while cleaning out their nests for a good solid month every year. It's disgusting.

Chlorine kills all!! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.