East Hampton, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have had problems with what seems to be metals all season. I tried many different things before I found TFP. It became so bad mid July I removed about 11000 to 12000 gallons.

But today as I’m lowering the water to lower my cya from 80 I notice brown staining on my steps. So I believe I still have the problem. See pics below.

I’ve been adding recommended weekly doses of Soarkle conquest.B65855DD-B9CD-4FE8-90E1-89F29F15E8AA.jpeg

Probably iron staining.

Rub a paste of Vitamin C on the stain and see if it lifts.

You probably have iron in your fill water.

What is the source of your house water? Wells?

I have had problems with what seems to be metals all season. I tried many different things before I found TFP. It became so bad mid July I removed about 11000 to 12000 gallons.

But today as I’m lowering the water to lower my cya from 80 I notice brown staining on my steps. So I believe I still have the problem. See pics below.

I’ve been adding recommended weekly doses of Soarkle conquest.View attachment 448725
Probably iron staining.

Rub a paste of Vitamin C on the stain and see if it lifts.

You probably have iron in your fill water.

What is the source of your house water? Wells?
Yes I run the water thru to filter see picture attachment

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    607.4 KB · Views: 8
Are any of these metal products preferable??
Metal Klear is a EDTA sequestrant.

Sparkle Conquest is an ascorbic acid treatment to lift iron stains.

GLB Filter Cleaner is to clean cartridge filters.

Reactions: gnhand
So it sounds like conquest is the better product for me to use. Is there any negatives that you may be aware of or other reason that I should not use conquest?

I just did the Ascorbic Acid Treatment and it worked very well. I bought 2 lbs. of powdered vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) for about $16 and I also used Jack's Magic Purple stuff (I have a SWG)

Reactions: gnhand
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.