Metal wires sticking out of gunite and low area in shallow end

Good, I'm happy your PB made the repair the better way rather than just blowing it off.

To correct something stated above: Quikrete is a national brand of cement products. -- Quikrete makes a hydraulic cement product --but not all the products sold under the Quikrete brand are hydraulic cement. Many if not most of the cement products sold are Hydraulic cement. So the label generally doesn't mean that much

Suz - I am so glad that the pool builder corrected the "wire" problem. I wonder if he really used hydraulic cement. Hydraulic cement are a pain to work with. Once you mix it, you literally have 1 to 1.5 minutes to work with it. I have used hydraulic cement, and I typically only mix a very small amount at a time (maybe 1 cup at a time) because it drys so fast. Even if he used "regular" cement, it would have been ok. :)

Awwww.. You just burst my bubble! I was so happy something had been fixed as stated. I guess he didn't, because he had it mixed in a small container. He used it first around the bubbler, went to the truck for something, then went to the pool steps to fill in the place he dug out. That would have taken him longer than a minute and a half.
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How deep down did they go to remove the wire? My guess is that anything less than 1/2 inch might migrate towards the surface and stain the plaster.

Since done is done, I would ask PB for a written statement that he will repair any rust-through that occurs within the next XXXX years (However many he will agree to)

Patrick_B is right, this is nothing to mess around with and the wire need to be thoroughly buried before you plaster it.

I can remember at least 6-8 posts where wire has rusted through to the surface of the pool.

Honestly - I don't think hydraulic cement is necessary if he dug deep enough. I like the idea of getting the warranty in writing. :)

Marla - the hydraulic cement I used claim 2-2.5 minutes of working time. I was lucky if I got 1 minute.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.