Metal framed pool and SWG

Okay. I tested my water last night
pH went up to 7.6 I lowered it down to 7.0
TA went down to 270
Also my chlorine went down from 3 to 1 in 24 hr

CYA wil only drop if you add a significant amount of water, or you become one of the unlucky few that end up with the CYA eating bacteria. Note, I've never heard of CYA being converted to ammonia unless the pool had been neglected to swamp status.

Your CYA can and will go up if you use dichlor or trichlor for your chlorination needs.

Update.
So far I was able to drop TA to 240. Slow process but I'm not able to lower pH until I come back from work at 5pm .
Also yesterday I replace all my hoses with PVC and add fountain. Hopefully this will speed up the process. (til yesterday I was using return pointing up to brake water surface)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pysiek said:
Is it better to run the SWG at night? Also do you guys run your filter for 24H or less then that?

I do (well it comes on around sunset), and I only run my filter long enough for the SWG to do it's job... I haven't found that I have needed more filtration than that.

I am pretty sure that presently my SWG is running 3 hours a day and the filter for 4.

Thanks for sharing. I was thinking to run the filter during the hottest ours so the water won't get too warm. And then run it through the night for the SWG

Update
Last night TA was at 200. I left the fountain running overnight and will see if this speeds up the process. Also we do have a lot of rain right now. Will this affect the pool ?

Your TA is looking pretty good. Because of your prior issues with scaling, you could either continue to lower it a little more using aeration, or just keep a close watch on ph and when you get to 7.6 then drop it to 7.2. Now is also the time to get your cya up in the 70-80 ppm range so your swg does not have to work too hard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.