Mesa Arizona pool build (documenting our progress)

Looking good man! Can't wait to see the full pics. You might ask, some plaster they say needs 30 days to cure before entering. That would just kill me, but if you have to..... :grrrr:

But then pretty soon........ :whoot: :party: :whoot: :party: :whoot:

Thank you to everyone for the compliments! It has been what feels like a long time waiting but only 5 weeks since we received our permit from the city, so things have moved along very efficiently.

Took our 2nd water sample in today (first from the pool) to get all out start up chemicals. Ouch! After we get everything in line, I can't wait to try the BBB method and save some $$$! Added the chlorine tabs and some start up chemicals to start getting all the levels proper. We also need to brush the pool at least 4 times a day for 4 days, then at least 3 times for another 10 days to help with cleaning and shooting out the plaster finish. (2 days down!)

Asked how long before we could get in, was told to wait about 4 days once pool was filled. Today makes day and a half, so it looks like Wednesday is the long awaited date! We have cheated a bit though and hung our legs over the sides a couple times! Feels AMAZING!

The day we filled our pool, the temp was already 91 degrees! Was 84 this morning after a fairly heavy rain and strong winds came through last night from a Monsoon storm. Warmed back up to about 89 today.

Forgot to get some nice daytime shots of the pool with the cool umbrella but here are a few cool night shots of the LED light. No clue how to operate it yet other than on/off, it's set to just cycle through each color (white/green/aqua blue/deep blue/purple/pink).

Tuesday or Wednesday should bring us our orientation day on how to operate everything and help with any remaining questions.

The only thing that we have a problem with is the lines for the deck jets were improperly hooked up (do not work) and so the plumbers need to come out and fix that. To this point, that has been the only blunder. Aerator works nicely and the floor cleaners are very strong compared to some other floor pool cleaners I have experienced.

Without further ado, a few pics of some colored water!

Poolconstructionnightlight64.jpg

Poolconstructionnightlight65.jpg

Poolconstructionnightlight66.jpg

Poolconstructionnightlight67.jpg

So all my levels are almost in line, just have a high pH. Added some muratic acid this morning to get it down. Was between 7.8-8.2

Just wanted to post a few pics of the umbrella.

Umbrella in closed position (even withstood our nice Monsoon storm two nights ago, so I don't fear it blowing away or getting ripped out in this position)
Poolconstructionumbrella68.jpg

Umbrella open over deck
Poolconstructionumbrella69.jpg

Umbrella open over deck with hanging drink holder insert
Poolconstructionumbrella70.jpg

Umbrella swiveled over pool baja shelf area and lowered the drink holder down
Poolconstructionumbrella71.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finally was able to get in for the very first time this morning. It felt FAN-TAS-TIC! Water temp was 85, air temp around 90 with a slight breeze. Thought it might be a little bit cool for me (I am most comfortable between 86-90) but once I got brave enough to jump in all the way, it was great! Looking forward to spending all day in it on Saturday and breaking out the floats!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.