San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Is there any way to search for members by location?

I live in San Antonio TX and water is supplied by San Antonio Water System (SAWS). My supply water has extremely high TA (220) according 2 water tests this morning with Taylor drop kit. I am wondering how anyone else in the area might be dealing with this. My Ph jumps all over the place and I add 1.5 to 2 cups of acid daily in order to counteract Ph and TA.

I'm in Guadalupe County, but regardless of the location, managing the TA is quite simple really. If/when the TA needs to be lowered, simply allow the pH to hit 8.0, then use enough muriatic acid to lower the pH to 7.2. Each time you do that it will knock the TA down a little. Just takes time. But focus on the pH, that's most important. Your pool may be just fine with a TA of 150, or might do best at 60. Every pool is different.

I've had alot of luck searching for, say Arizona and/or AZ, in the advanced search.

Search thread titles only and you'll get OPs and helpers and can thread surf looking for current members.

Unfortunately, 2/3 of Texans are members and that's gonna be a looooooooong list to surf through.

Try this: In the Google search box (on Google not the TFP search box) put the following:

site:troublefreepool.com San Antonio TX

site:troublefreepool.com Phoenix

Posts won't usually include a city or state unless the poster is from the city or state, so this is pretty effective in getting to mostly people from the same area.

Try all cities and counties in the area of interest to locate nearby cities.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.