Mechanical timers

Pat60

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 11, 2016
PA
I have dual basic timers, one for the Polaris and one for the pump/filter. Last week the cleaner timer wasn’t working , so I would manually turned on and off.( inside the pump time). I noticed yesterday it wasn’t seated properly and corrected this and now it working fine, but the pump timer isn’t working now, seems to be correctly positioned! .what would your recommendation be, replace both? We are not very DIY here, so if it’s complicated ,I will need to call the pool person, who opens and closes our pool.AB33598B-E765-480D-BBD3-B893ADD288D4.jpeg

Looking at the picture it looks like it has (2) T104M Intermatic timers. The left wheel is for the pool pump and the right wheel is for the booster pump. The left wheel must be turned on in order for the booster pump hooked to the right wheel to have power. Wiring diagram should be on the door of the Intermatic timer. The white wires are for the 240 V clock motors. Which side did you take apart? Before disconnecting any wiring I always take a picture of it with my phone, so I get it wired back right. Also check to see if you have 240 V at the TB1 team block

Sorry, I‘m confused by your response, but maybe because my question wasn‘t clear. The wheel for the pump is not keeping time. I can turn On manually, but if I put a stop or start thingy on the wheel, it doesn’t turn on or off because the wheel doesn’t advance. Had the same issue previously for the booster / cleaner , but that was because the wheel wasn’t properly seated ( pushed back all the way.) I have taken anything apart.
JustbI just realized I posted wrong picture. This picture show s yesterday at 9 am, the cleaner wheel advanced , but the filter/ pump wheel is still on 3 pm from When they were both set ( fist pic)
Thank 1686841493943.jpeg you for trying to help me!

Replacing the timer mechanism is pretty straightforward. You'll likely only need a Phillips head screwdriver. Take photos of wire positions before you start. Make sure power to the switch is off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.