Measuring Salt Levels

Hi all, what is the most accurate way of getting a salt level in my pool. Salt reading on my Hayward Aquarite 900, salt test strip and a TDS meter all give me different readings. Aquarite is the highest, tricky thing is if I add salt to bring it up as to what the test strip says it will likely but my Aquarite above its threshold and I will have to dump water. Very frustrating.

Is your SWCG generating chlorine? If so, leave it.
If the SWCG says low salt and is not generating, then use a salt test kit, the best is Taylor K1766, to ensure the salinity is actual low and the SWCG is not failing.

Your FC is too low. If your SWCG cannot maintain your FC level needed based on your CYA, you either have algae or very low CYA.

Can you post up some test results?

FC of 4 is a minimum. Best if you can keep it in target range for the CYA. With a SWCG , a CYA of 70-80 ppm is recommended.

Liquid chlorine is best to use for a burst of FC to the pool. SWCG is for maintaining a FC.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.