Clarksville TN
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)

I had a weird problem recently, I found some random rubber piece floating in my skimmer. I had no idea where it came from or what is was. I thought maybe it was a piece off the weir door of the skimmer.​

IMG_9074.jpeg

I searched TFP for “rubber piece” and found an old thread about a piece coming off a Maytronics robot. After looking at the pics I realized it came off my Pentair Warrior SE. I tried to just push the piece back in place using my fingers and without taking the robot apart. That fix didn’t last so I ordered a new replacement flap from Marina for $4.99. I took the tracks off the side of my robot and removed the big roller brush so I could get to the spot for the install. Only a couple clips and 2 screws. I had to use a screwdriver to push the little rubber bumps through all the way and then pull from the other side with needle nose pliers. This got it attached all the way and my robot has been performing much better climbing and picking up debris.​

Maytronics Dolphin 9983102 Rapid Drain Flap​

IMG_9075.jpeg

IMG_9076.jpegIMG_9078.jpegIMG_9079.jpeg

Reactions: Newdude and mknauss
I'm adding to this old thread only to help someone searching for installation help with this Warrior SE Rapid Drain Flap.
Apsuhead pics are great.
After lining up the rubber nipples of the flap with their corresponding holes in the robot body, I used a thin nail punch into the little holes on the backside of the flap (because it is not sharp). Then push with the nail punch to stretch and deform the rubber nipple so it is thinner and goes through the hole. Wiggle it around a little so that the entire nipple seats inside the plastic hole (360 groove underside of the nipple is what will seat into the plastic rim of hole).
I took roller brush off to get to it.
1. 2 clips on each side of the robot's basket cavity. Release those to take side plastic panels off the tread area. Exposes the roller screws.
2. Take off the treads.
3. Unscrew a screw on each side of the roller brush - that allows you to take off the roller and expose the vents this rubber flap is supposed to cover.
20240221_001953170_iOS.jpg20240221_003258937_iOS.jpg20240221_003314434_iOS.jpg20240221_001837341_iOS.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.