Maytronics Dolphin M4 Voltage Issue

Schop

Apr 18, 2021
Orlando
Was given a "Supreme M4" because it was no longer working correctly. First 3 runs, it ran for an hour or so, then stopped indefinitely. Power supply stayed lit up. Tried filter resets, and still had the same issue.

Dug deeper.

Discovered bad bearing along the track wheel. Replaced bearings, tracks, foam climbers, filters, and filter bags.

No fix, same issue. So I dug deeper.

Opened up motor box. Carbon all throughout the drive motor. Cleaned, regreased, replaced carbon brushes and reinstalled. Impeller motor had no issues. Put robot back together, and now receiving no movement at all.

Tested outlet, good.
Tested female into power supply, good.
Tested male out of power supply, good.

Tested female end of cable, and only received 2 volts, DC. Tested cable continuity, good. Cleaned female power supply amphenol plug. Cleaned male cable end. Plugged all together and am still receiving 2 DC volts on the female end of the floating cable.

Multimeter indicates power, and constant power, just significantly less than expected. No motor turns on and I'm friggin stumped, any ideas?

Looks familiar. I have a 2 pin system. Cleaned it up with contact spray but seems like 1 of the pins has eroded past its effectiveness. Anyone know if they sell replacement pins anywhere? If not, my next option seems to be a new cable.0CE3EFD7-C531-4CFF-801D-D43AC6E28892.jpeg

Nice! Thanks for the advice. That’ll be my next choice if I can’t get this eroded pin thing figured out. Replacement cables right now are either on back order or $500 range….which would be my absolute last option. Thanks again.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.