Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Really very happy with Maytronics today …

When our in laws sold their house this year they gave us their Dolphin Nautilus Supreme for our new pool. It worked great for two months, then one day refused to move. Hauled it out of the water and found the little ball bearings on one side of the center brush had broken. Called Maytronics and they shipped out new center brush without any questions. Installed it, robot worked for about 2 days and then quit again. Failed the self test - I couldn’t get any tracks to move an inch. The axel on the motor appeared frozen.

It still had 6 months warranty so shipped it back to their tech center.

Got it back 10 days later. I’m hoping a new motor…

Tech notes:
Replaced motor (no reading), replaced power supply (no communication), replaced cable (damaged), replaced 4 brushes, 2 tracks and 4 climbing rings.

They rebuilt the whole robot except for the shell and filters and shipped it back… it’s like a brand new robot happily cleaning along in the pool now.

Was not expecting that at all from them, so kudos to Maytronics ….

What did shipping cost you?
I have customer with Dolphin that quit working. Surprisingly, only one warrantee service shop in my area (Houston).
They quoted 4-6 weeks for repair.
It cost $190.00 to ship it to Atlanta. They covered return shipping, had it back in pool 10 days later.
From that point on, I have advised people to only buy robots from local places where that brand of robot can be serviced on site, or nearby.

What did shipping cost you?
I have customer with Dolphin that quit working. Surprisingly, only one warrantee service shop in my area (Houston).
They quoted 4-6 weeks for repair.
It cost $190.00 to ship it to Atlanta. They covered return shipping, had it back in pool 10 days later.
From that point on, I have advised people to only buy robots from local places where that brand of robot can be serviced on site, or nearby.
Wow - $190 for one-way shipping from Houston to Atlanta.
Was that overnight shipping and/or did that include custom packaging?
Shipping ground in the original box shouldn't cost anywhere near that much.

75$ including max insurance for ground UPS from Houston to Georgia
Plus buying a box and bubble wrap at HD

Pentair paid all return shipping

Wow - $190 for one-way shipping from Houston to Atlanta.
Was that overnight shipping and/or did that include custom packaging?
Shipping ground in the original box shouldn't cost anywhere near that much.
UPS store, original box was thrown out a year earlier. So they had to pack it, which certainly added to the cost.
Still, I would like to eliminate shipping outright!

Pro tip - UPS store will always be more expensive than going to ups.com and MyUPS and buying and printing out a shipping label on their website. Each UPS store is a franchise that puts its markup on it. It also gives you all the options to pick from so you can find the cheapest one. All you need to do is guesstimate box size and weight.

Reactions: marcinArk
Maytronics support when the device is still covered is pretty awesome. In Canada they only have one repair center (in Scarborough). The main motor on my 3 month old S400 decided to quit, I dropped it off at 1:30PM yesterday and they called me at 3:00PM that it was ready for pickup. They had tested it and replaced the main motor component (drive motor and impeller). No impressed that the machine died, but impressed they were able to fix it ASAP.

Reactions: proavia and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.