May have followed bad advice. Hard Water

dissfigured said:
okay, added some preliminary stuff to my sig. Not sure what all is needed as info

Here's a link to some ideas on the type of information that is helpful when asking for advice: Read this before you post.

Please post the town (or nearest major city) and state where you are located in your profile. That will appear in all your posts automatically.

Information on your pool, which is relatively static, is best added to your signature. That way, it is automatically included in all your posts.

Test results, which are more variable, are best updated with each new topic (question) post.

BTW, your pool looks great. Also, your numbers look good, aside from the FC. Yes, CH is a bit high but it can be managed as several of us have posted.

As for "needing" a pool guy, Pool School is much cheaper as Richard320 and anonapersona stated. Plus, the knowledge you will get is priceless, so it's well worth your time!

I'm with ya in the 105 degree Texas heat. Stay cool in your pool!

:wave: Once you spend some time reading on this site, you will be able to get a better understanding of your pool. With your own test kit, you will feel more "in control" of your pool. I was at my wits end when I found this site. It has saved me from being "pool stored" again. All the information will seem overwhelming at first, but trust me, it will make sense the more you read. Welcome to this site. :party:

One more thing (and this may make me lazy) I haven't checked but I have a computer (pool controls) that tells me all sorts of things about my water, temp, salt, etc

Do we by chance live in a world where I can buy a "gadget" that I can pour my pool water in and it gives me all of this information without having to mix all these things together, etc?

Again, I haven't researched this yet, maybe it is mentioned on that test kit link or pool school but Just curious.

No, I have a 3 and 5 year old but I am still a teenager. I am a software engineer so I have a gadget for everything in my house. Was hoping I could pour a few drops on some sort of WiFi device and it would email the pool store for me and tell them to deliver pre measured amounts of chemicals I need to my front door :) :) :)

LOL, that explains it.

I heard from my friend that lived in Australia that their pool did do the acid and bleach additions itself, or that is what I think she said. I don't think it tested but just added a set amount daily or whenever.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.