Massive Chlorine loss

May 18, 2015
Clarksville
Hi, long time lurker, and have posted in here a few times a couple yrs ago

between today and yesterday my pool has lost almost all chlorine. I read in another thread from someone else who had a similar issue. Someone had suggested that she may have aminia present due to critters that cause it. Today I tested it, and it came back 0.

Today my chlorine was 0.6. Yesterday it was 6.4, (Monday), and Sunday night 7.2. My cya is 60 currently, a little high yes, but we get a lot of rain here so it will likely drop a bit. TA 80 and PH 7.4

Yesterday evening, after colt test, with 6.4, I added salt and circulated pump overnight. Then today got that 0.6 reading. Currently I am boosting, as recommended after adding salt. (I have an intel SWG.)

Could the fact that I just added salt be why my chlorine dropped to almost nothing? I don’t usually test for CH or phosphates. I have city water so I just never thought it was necessary. I don’t think I’m dealing with live algae still as my water is crystal clear beautiful blue.

BTW, I just opened the pool about 2 weeks ago, did SLAM and balanced water/chemicals. . No I don’t buy anything from pool store or go to them for advice. I learned in here a few yes ago that’s not a good thing to do. I use Taylor K-2006 to test, and all regents are new.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Chlorine is consumable by 2 things. One is sunlight and the other is algae. It needs introduced to the pool on a daily basis.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.