Marble Waterline tile?

Jbnilla

Jun 2, 2022
Walnut Creek, Ca
Hi! So first round of tile was severely delayed in transit and then arrived completely damaged. I’m back to the drawing board and my options are what I can I get locally. Floor and decor has this marble fish scale tile that says it’s okay for pool use and quite frankly we love. Thoughts?
Also still looking for pics of pools with the Stonescapes Micro finish 😆
Thank you!
Marble Fish ScaleIMG_5147.pngIMG_5149.png

Just in case you did not see this thread for plaster colors:

As for that tile-it is NEAT! Any idea how big each scale is? This one would take some skills to make it look great in a pool. They are going to have a brand new blade for their wet saw as there are going to be quite a bit to cutting to do. I would ask to talk to the tile workers before I bought this to make sure THEY think they could do it justice. I sure hope they will do it!

Ooooh, that is really cool! What color would you get (assuming you can get colors)?

And yeah, you would need some very talented tile folks to not mess that up.

Porcelain tiles have the best chemical and water resistance. Marble tiles are made of … well … marble which is a form of calcium-magnesium carbonate. It is a softer material that is susceptible to acid etching and staining. So you need to be very careful because, while marble is beautiful, it can not be easily cleaned with chemical cleaners if it develops staining or scaling. There are sealer that can be applied but I’m not sure how long those would last in a pool.

I would be very skeptical about using non-porcelain tiles for the water line.

Thanks for the input everyone! I came across this pool on IG and will use it on our sheer descent wall only and use the same 6x12 they used for waterline. I loooove marble and have it in several areas in our house stain free, but don’t want to worry about pool issues moving forward.

Attachments

• IMG_5151.png
    IMG_5151.png
    400.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Love
Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.