Marble vs Porcelain pool deck

SMarie1103

Nov 7, 2023
Jacksonville, FL
Hello!
This is my first thread on here. I’ve been researching pool deck products for the past few weeks and still don’t feel any closer to making a final decision. We have been leaning towards porcelain due to durability, low maintenance and being slip resistant but have also been considering marble due to aesthetics and that we can add a slip-resistant finish. We have young kids and older parents so want to be mindful of any potential falls. We also back up to a tree line and understand that leaves can stain. I’m attaching a layout of our current pool design for reference but if anyone has insight into which product would make the most sense for our family, we would be forever grateful.

Attachments

• image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    613.4 KB · Views: 24
Check out NPT stones in sandstone, limestone and porcelain pavers.

I like sandstone and limestone.

Marble and porcelain tend to be more slippery and have more risk of a slip and fall.

However, if the product is made for a pool deck. then it should be made with a slip resistant texture.

Contact NPT and request samples of each type of paver for comparison.

Also go to local stone suppliers to see what they have to offer.

Going to see the stone in person is super helpful.

1699315252770-png.539412

1699315321245-png.539413

1699315385263-png.539414

1699467207913.png

Jacksonville Store. (904) 443-7400

Hours: Monday – Saturday: 7:00 – 5:00. Sunday: Closed

Address: 5500 Chronicle Court. Jacksonville, Fl 32256

Reactions: SMarie1103
We went with porcelain pavers and pool is still under construction. Our PB sourced from a local supplier but the material is supplied by hardscape.com. We went with Roma Travertine porcelain. It’s not travertine but looks like it.

Attached is the picture from the ring camera. But if you need more pictures I can
get them tomorrow
.IMG_5445.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SMarie1103
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.