Manual Pool Vacuum Issue

NateW18

Aug 6, 2022
Wakefield
Hi All

I have vacuum head similar to this:
81NI1HgC7gL._AC_SX679_.jpg
Today, while I was vacuuming the vacuum was becoming very hard to move on the bottom of the pool Essentially it felt like there was too much suction. Then all of a sudden there was no suction and I noticed the hose crimping and air was getting into my pump and the return jets stopped working. I turned the lever back to both the main drain and the skimmer and pulled the hose out and everything was fine. I'm wondering why this may of happened. I primed the hose and did everything that I normally would do, so don't know if I did anything different.
Any ideas why this would happen?

Also, any suggestions on a better set up in terms of a manual vacuum?

Thanks

Inspect the head. Are all the wheels intact? Lay it on a counter top. Look between the head and the countertop horizontally...can you see the other side, or does the head lay flat on the countertop?

Reactions: oldprophet
Hi All

I have vacuum head similar to this:
View attachment 498722
Today, while I was vacuuming the vacuum was becoming very hard to move on the bottom of the pool Essentially it felt like there was too much suction. Then all of a sudden there was no suction and I noticed the hose crimping and air was getting into my pump and the return jets stopped working. I turned the lever back to both the main drain and the skimmer and pulled the hose out and everything was fine. I'm wondering why this may of happened. I primed the hose and did everything that I normally would do, so don't know if I did anything different.
Any ideas why this would happen?

Also, any suggestions on a better set up in terms of a manual vacuum?

Thanks
The vacuum head was sucked to the plaster and did not allow suction. You have to much suction, a high spot in the plaster, or you need to adjust the wheels higher

Reactions: PoolStored
Okay thank you. It does seem that the pressure vacillates when using the hose vacuum just never this bad. It seems like air might be getting into the pool that's attached at times also, most notably when I extend it.

My pool is pretty simply I only have one valve that needs to be turned to run the vacuum. I turn it half way to so the main drain is closed and the skimmer is completely open. Would this have an impact?
Thanks

Reactions: oldprophet
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.