Manual or robot for first vacuum

dcounsell

May 26, 2023
Baltimore, Md
Hello all,

I am a new owner of an old pool. I am opening it for the first time and had tons of algae. I killed the algae and there is a bunch of debris and presumably dead algae at the bottom. Like alot!. Should I manually vacuum all that once or am I good to just plop my brand spanking new dolphin premier in there and see what happens? If so should I use the ultra fine filter or start with the regular one?

Thanks so much

Hello all,

I am a new owner of an old pool. I am opening it for the first time and had tons of algae. I killed the algae and there is a bunch of debris and presumably dead algae at the bottom. Like alot!. Should I manually vacuum all that once or am I good to just plop my brand spanking new dolphin premier in there and see what happens? If so should I use the ultra fine filter or start with the regular one?

Thanks so much
I would manual vacuum and if you have a waste setting that would be better then putting all that algae in the main filter.
Can you scoop any of it out with a net?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.