Maintaining spa during frequent absence?

linust

Feb 6, 2013
Seattle
New to standalone spas...previous house had a 9000 gal plaster pool I maintained using TFP...sold that house (didn't keep my TF-100 :( so just ordered one again because) the new place has a 2005 model Hot Springs Sovereign I. The spa is currently empty, about to start it up. The spa has an ozone generator.

The plan is to fill, purge w/ AhhSome, then refill and follow Nitro's post.

From reading thru this Spa forum, I expect the ozone generator to eat chlorine on a constant basis. I expect to use Aqua Clarity as well. Here's my challenge: I am often away for a couple weeks at a time, with no one available to monitor. What's the best/optimal way for me to maintain FC levels while I'm gone so I don't have a major rebalancing effort after each trip? Disconnect the ozone generator? Add salt and install a SWCG? What if anything changes (target levels for CH, TA, pH) when running an ozone generator and/or SWCG?

Thanks!

Just double your regular dose of Aqua Clarity the day you leave and add the appropriate amount of regular bleach at the rate that TFP recommends for your size tub for a 2 week dosage. If the spa is covered, you will return to crystal clear water that is ready for you to soak in. I have done this many times with my personal in-ground hot tub and have helped numerous hot tub owners who are faced with the same problem. Be sure the pH and CYA are right prior to your leaving and covering the tub. It will work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.