bevnrandy

Nov 10, 2021
Driftwood, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Here in central Texas, we just ended 42 days of consecutive 100+ days. I've been struggling to keep the FC levels up and algae at bay in my pool (IG/Plaster/15K). I use the Pool Math app, but I'm not sure it allows for extreme heat in its calculations for FC and CYA. Any recommendations?

Welcome to the forum!
You maintain the FC in the target level. Yes, with higher water temperatures and/or increased UV, your daily loss of FC may be a bit more. You may need to raise your CYA level by a little. But those are things for you to understand, not the app to figure out.
The climate our pool is in is far more extreme than Texas sees. And I know the FC loss each day can reach nearly 5 ppm during the peak of UV. Which also correlates to 120F+ daytime high temperatures.
I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool

Reactions: Mdragger88
B&R, consider linking your Poolmath test results to TFP so we can see all your water testing history. There's a profile menu option in the APP that will allow you to do that.

Also be sure to update your signature. See ours as examples.

Yes - It's hot. :swim:

Reactions: Mdragger88
Depending on what your current cya level is you may need to increase it to help protect the chlorine from the sun a little more as Marty suggested but you eluded to “keeping algae at bay” so not sure if you mean that you have been having algae/cloudy water.
Before raising cya I suggest you do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to rule out a problem first which is more easily dealt with at lower cya levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.