Maine, Sharkline Matrix 24' Install

Ordered theTAYLOR K-2006 Complete Swimming Pool/Spa Test Kit FAS-DPD K2006 Chlorine off ebay for 49.99 ( seemed like a reasonable price )
didnt realize the MANUAL labor part of testing ( counting drops, math to figure PPM ) but i guess to get an accurate account of whats going on in there the best way is never the easy way.

tjroux said:
Ordered theTAYLOR K-2006 Complete Swimming Pool/Spa Test Kit FAS-DPD K2006 Chlorine off ebay for 49.99 ( seemed like a reasonable price )
didnt realize the MANUAL labor part of testing ( counting drops, math to figure PPM ) but i guess to get an accurate account of whats going on in there the best way is never the easy way.

Get your son in on that testing! 1st or 2nd grade? Supposedly bleach can lose its effectiveness over time especially if stored improperly, so buying huge amounts at once may not be the best idea (i don't know how long it takes to loose potency).

I wanted to buy it by the case, and store it in my wifes "Coupon overstock" cupboard... But good point... pick up as needed i guess. Just dont want the chemistry getting away from me.
Yeah he's in 1st grade ( and really god at math like his daddy used to be... )

Will using the 6% bleach cause any issues compared to the pool store liquid bleach.

Nope, same stuff just different concentration. I use Tandil from Aldi's as it's the cheapest per oz around here. Reminds me I need to pick some up. :)

Once my test kit comes in I can get an accurate reading of all the levels. will post here and move forward. Dropping the steps in this weekend so we can take a dip... but the following weekend we are building a 16x16 deck
My question to yall is this: The blue outdoor turf carpet, anyone like/dislike it? we were going to cover the entire top of the deck in it to protect the kiddos feet.... Staining before covering.

Update Update Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Went out tonight to finally check chemicals... used the test kit ( compared to my test strips, it's night and day. Test strips were off not much but enough for those of us that are anal that would care )
By my calculations and according to poolcalculator I added .875 gallons of bleach...
We had been swimming in the pool with no adverse effects... and the water has been crystal clear since it was filled last weekend ( 9 days ago today )
CYA is a spot low ( have 2 chlorine tabs in there to help with that ) and keep in mind those same 2 have been in there for a week and havent changed the FC level or the CYA level )
Started the deck and crushed rock friday night... IN THE POURING RAIN
Here we are Saturday night:
308576_603721052980370_1026055916_n.jpg

And here we are Today:
923032_604717546214054_1351409893_n.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Since your FC is 3.2 I suspect you're using 25ml of water, if you use 10ml of water you can multiple the drops by .5 and save on your chemicals. .5 is plenty of accuracy. I did the same thing when I first started using the FAS-DPD kit.

Update:
So here we are 2/3 of the way through the summer... I've been super lazy with chemicals and it almost turned on me... PH dropped to 6.8 and she got cloudy... 3 boxes of borax raised the PH enough to kill everything in the pool, shocked it the next day, tested for FC which was 0, added 1 gallon of bleach, next day everything was 100% back in balance and it's been easy breezy ever since. Need a better vac next year with a longer pole but other than that we run the pump on low for about 8 hrs a day and she's always clean.

The pool likely got cloudy when your FC dropped below0.5 It's important to keep your FC above minimum. I suggest you SLAM to pool to kill off your bloom beginnings. I know I can see cloudy before it shows in my testing.

Changing weather here in maine means for a temperamental pool... One day it was perfectly clear and clean, next it was slightly cloudy and odd looking.. even though all levels were spot on... raised the PH slightly, shocked it the next day and it's on it's way back... Rain/Cold/ and last week was Sunny and 80's all week... Pool = woman

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.