Made a big mess this year, switching to SWG and balancing water

Don't let FC get that low. You should target 3-8ppm with 50ppm CYA. I would never let my FC get below 4ppm. You could turn off the SWG, but remember to keep testing, and when it gets to 5-6ppm FC, then turn on SWG to the lowest setting and see how that works. See this thread for a good FC/CYA chart. You are able to swim in your pool safely up to FC of 20ppm, with a 50CYA.
Thanks for that - buy your link did not work, where can I get the FC/CYA chart? I guess I am used to much lower CYA levels.

Screenshot_20230327_210134_Chrome.jpg

Aim high if loss is high at that part of the season and fall back into target range. Never aim to fall below target. Minimum is lava. Low target is the closest you ever want to get.

So, are those green bars (70, 80, 90) the actual "best" place to put CYA in a SWG pool? I mean, I assume 50 is fine too as long as my SWG can keep up, which clearly it can. By my rough calc using the app, I should only need setting 1 or 2 most of the time. And by the results of my unintended experiment, I should be able to SLAM my pool with nothing but the SWG now. On 50% it blew past 16FC in one day.
EDIT - never mind, I followed the link to the actual page and read it. So yea, 60-90 is ideal. I think I will just stay at 50 for now since I ran out of stabilizer, plus I want to get a handle on the SWG for a bit.

Oh, and my water is SPARKLY clear now. Except for the pile of Crud in the center (We are in cottonwood season here and its been hot and dry for a week!).

Reactions: PoolStored
From all I've read here, the only reason for keeping CYA higher with a SWG is increasing cell life. Even though the FC level needs to be higher, the loss per day is less, so it's net win. Your cell is loafing at CYA 50, so all good.

Fwiw, the manual for my cell - not same as yours - even specifies 50 to 85, with the higher number for higher water temps.

Oh, and my water is SPARKLY clear now.
If you found value, you might consider becoming a supporter. We are a 503c non-profit, we are all volunteers and entirely member funded (no ads!).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.