Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi fellas,

I brought a dolphin m600 in March of this year and a few weeks ago it started giving communication failed error. Have sent it to dolphin and had to pay one way shipping which was not cheap. They say the cable went bad and have replaced the cable. Did anyone of you have a dolphin fail in less than a year? Is there something I should be doing/ not doing?

TIA

Anecdotally It seems that Dolphin robots typically last 3-5 years, but others posting here have been less fortunate. What temperature is your pool water, the manual states not to use below 43°F, but to be on the safe side you could keep it out the pool when below 50°F.

Thanks for the quick reply! The temperature of the pool rose to about 82 in the summer and now it was in the high 50s when it went out. right now the pool is around 54-55F. I will keep in mind if it gets to the 40s but i doubt it will.

The biggest failure point are the carbon brushes inside the motor. These are 25 cent parts. Brushes are the parts of an electric motor’s stator that conduct the current to the rotor, and they wear out just like the graphite in a pencil. Maytronics wants you to replace the entire motor "unit" which is obsurd if you know how to solder and follow a youtube video. These brushes last about 36 months which is why the warranty on their most expensive units is exactly that. I have successfully replaced two drive motor brushes and now it looks like I need do it on my impeller (Dolphin m400 w/3 motors). A brushless motor would solve this major failure point—which is one of the reasons all premium cordless drills for sale these days are brushless. Also, I do not think temperature matters as it's all sealed.

Hi fellas,

I brought a dolphin m600 in March of this year and a few weeks ago it started giving communication failed error. Have sent it to dolphin and had to pay one way shipping which was not cheap. They say the cable went bad and have replaced the cable. Did anyone of you have a dolphin fail in less than a year? Is there something I should be doing/ not doing?

TIA
dont run it in high chlorine levels. its most likely the detangler got water in it which usually means it was tugged on to hard or the high chlorine ate away enough to leak water in it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.