Lurker, new pool owner, SLAM'ing in progress, need help

Ok, good info. I would agree on iron since I found rust at the bottom of the light housing when I took the light out. There is a good strip of it about 2" long. One more thing to handle when we have the liner replaced.

So I am guessing when the prev owner abandoned the pool during contract, algae bloom happened and the ph rose, giving us the stain? So we slam the algae and are left with discolored walls. Is that a reasonable guess?

So I am guessing when the prev owner abandoned the pool during contract, algae bloom happened and the ph rose, giving us the stain? So we slam the algae and are left with discolored walls. Is that a reasonable guess?

The high FC from slamming oxidizes metal in the water, so yes. If the previous owner had iron and had been using metal sequestrant, it also wears off over time and needs to be replenished, which you will be doing as part of the AA treatment anyway,

Just to confirm, you're not on well water, right?

d5bfd7dec6f12afa8a85db28166f676b.jpg

Looks good except stain. I have the ascorbic acid but no sequestrant yet.

No well water, city water.

Thanks everyone! Multiple people have been impressed and have heard this site name. Well worth the lifetime membership since I just hit 100$ spent and I have bleach and borax left. That was vs the $250 spent at pool store to still have a green pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I should mention it got even more blue by the evening but reflections did not make for good pictures. I have some clouding from jack magic but am starting bleach again while at a ph of 7 currently.

My wife and kids think I am amazing at the pool stuff. I agree.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.