Briarcliff Manor, New York
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hey TFP community. I'm helping a buddy balance his pool. His numbers are as follows.

PH 7.5
Ta 155
FC 5.5
TC 5.5
Salt 3500
CH 250
Water 70 degrees (he really needs to put his heater on!!)
He has Taylor Test Kit.

He has a 24,000 gallon concrete pool. I've become a bit of a analytical when it comes to these numbers and my own pool chemicals. His LSI is showing a balanced pool as well as the CSI measurement in pool math. Looking at this, I wouldn't even recommend him doing anything even though his alkalinity should be lowered based on individual component standards. What would most of you do, leave well enough alone since the water is holistically balanced? Would love thoughts. thanks.

With a SWCG, a high TA can lead to scaling inside the cell. If the person sees calcium scale being produced from the SWCG, lowering the TA will likely resolve that.

Reactions: Coachlump
Hey TFP community. I'm helping a buddy balance his pool. His numbers are as follows.

PH 7.5
Ta 155
FC 5.5
TC 5.5
Salt 3500
CH 250
Water 70 degrees (he really needs to put his heater on!!)
He has Taylor Test Kit.

He has a 24,000 gallon concrete pool. I've become a bit of an analytical when it comes to these numbers and my own pool chemicals. His LSI is showing a balanced pool as well as the CSI measurement in pool math. Looking at this, I wouldn't even recommend him doing anything even though his alkalinity should be lowered based on individual component standards. What would most of you do, leave well enough alone since the water is holistically balanced? Would love thoughts. thanks.
You might have him check for CC and CYA and ignore the TC. That’s the only missing data.

Sorry forgot to put those in. Combined chlorine matches his free chlorine. And his CYA is 75.
75 counts as 80 for
FC/CYA Levels purposes
You should have him add liquid chlorine to get his fc up in target range & then adjust the swg accordingly to maintain that.
Is the pool looking crystal clear?

Reactions: Tommygarry1

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How does he get a TA of 155 with a Taylor Test Kit?
I have the same kit. If it starts turning pink, and then on the next drop it's dark pink, sometimes I split the difference as well. With the result. I find that even with these kits it's not an exact science. With my pool my calcium hardness went from 300 to 275 to 250 in 3 days with the Taylor kit. It's probably 275.

Reactions: Coachlump
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.