MUSKOGEE, Ok
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
So we had a huge rain and had low salt reading. I tested and added proper amount 2 days later it still reads low salt and having hard time keeping up with chlorine even though we have not been swimming. Then all the sudden my sand filter has lower pressure than normal. I'm usually at 9 psi and now at 7. I habe back washed and checked all the fittings and cleaned out basket in filter. Still no increasw in pressure. Whats going on? And does it take days for swg to register the salt?

Huge rain - like 18"? You would need nearly that much to make a big dent in your salt content.

If your pressure is low on the filter you have a clog in your suction or pump. Check your skimmer basket, pump basket, etc.

The SWGC will see the salt when it is running. You should always run with out the SWCG on during the first 24 hours after adding any significant salt to a pool. If a slug of high salt content water hits the SWCG when on it can damage it.

Check your suction side for any restrictions.

Take care.

Thank you. I've checked basket and suction no blockage. I've been running swg since I added salt. For 6 hrs a day like before I lost salt. I lost a lot of water over the side of the pool during the rain. Rained heavy for about3 hrs. Enough to flood my road

Check your salt cell itself. Over time it will get a buildup of calcium I think it is. This will make the generator trigger the low salt alarm. If you do see a bunch of white scale on the cell, take it apart and soak it in water with some muriatic acid in it. The acid will eat the calcium off, then just put it back together and you are right as rain.

G

Check your salt cell itself. Over time it will get a buildup of calcium I think it is. This will make the generator trigger the low salt alarm. If you do see a bunch of white scale on the cell, take it apart and soak it in water with some muriatic acid in it. The acid will eat the calcium off, then just put it back together and you are right as rain.

G
And if that is the issue, then you need to more closely monitor your water chemistry. Monitor your CSI. Keep it at or just below 0.0 to eliminate calcium buildup on the SWCG.

Those cells have a limited lifespan too. Two years is about all they are good for. You can order a replacement from Intex for about $75. But this time of year you can also find the entire unit on closeout for not much more than that at any number of big box stores that sell Intex pools. I bought one last week at Academy for $99.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.