low pressure and lots of air

thanks all everything seems to be better now. I did undo the union on suction side of pump and cleaned it and put teflon tape on threads and tightened it back up. It was mostly tight prior but could have been tighter. I also tightened up the pressure gauge on top which was not that tight either. Now I am reading 9 for pressure, the pump basket is full of water and no more air coming out of jets. Not sure if this picture frim last year had anything to do with it
tree.jpg

Reactions: mas985
that tree cam inches from the pool pump, crushed the fence and came close to the house. The tree fell down in early September
here is a pic the night before the tree fell I was swimming watching some football, another of the tree it was large like 40 ft and another of me swimming in the day after the tree fell it was still nice out.

As always thanks so much for your help!!! Greatly appreciated to keep this old guy humming. Also now that tree is down the pol should hit a nice 85-90 this year. It used to get to about 87 as I high but I expect another 2-3 hours more of sun on the pool as after 3pm it was in the shade.pool8.jpgpool9.jpgpool10.jpg

The teflon tape can crack the union threads so you should avoid using that. If the o-rings don't seal on their own, they should be replaced.