low ph high alk no chlorine and 2nd yr of having to drain

Your CYA level is very high, which is presumably why you are having problems in the first place. You will probably have to raise FC up into the 30s or significantly reduce your CYA level.

How are you testing the CYA level? None of the CYA tests are particularly accurate above 100, so listing it as 151 is suspicious.

I checked again and I must have read it wrong or looked at my handwriting wrong. It actually reads below the line of 90 on the testing tube. (trouble free test kit) I would say in the range of 45-50. The water is clearer this morning, so I'm on the way I hope.

When you say "below the line of 90 on the testing tube", that sounds suspicious. Did you mean "above" the line? See from this picture how the scale is inverted going from high CYA at the bottom to lower CYA at the top. If the black dot gets obscured after putting in very little liquid (after mixing half pool water with half CYA reagent and mixing for 30 seconds), then the CYA is very high. You can look at the pictures in this link to get an idea of what it looks like when the black dot disappears.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.