Love Trouble Free Pool!!!! My pool

What a difference!!! It'll get it's sparkle soon!

Now that the sun is out, after 4 pm of course, ( life in PA - lol!) the pool still has a slight cloudiness to it, so I am going to SLAM it one more time and vacuum and brush to see if that makes it better. I have to go out and get new readings first. Thank you so much, Casey!

You are so welcome! SLAM tonight and into tomorrow and do the OCLT. :goodjob:

I just got my latest test and it looks like the slam is done!

FC = 12 no change from last night
CC = .5
PH = 7.2
ALK = 120
CYA = 50
Pool looks absolutely clear! Will brush down sides and vacuum later today to see if that has any effect but I am hoping it is done. I am going to see if the alkalinity will decrease within the next few days and try aerating. I am so excited!!!!! I'd take a picture except it is gray and cloudy again outside. Now I am just waiting for sun to warm us up a bit! Thanks again! Appreciated!

Pool is clear and looks great. Even got in at night (air chilly but water warmed to almost 80 with solar panels). While in the pool I still noticed some slimy areas when I was walking around and my FC level was 5 last night and 3 this morning. Numbers were as follows
FC 3
CC .5
PH 7.8
TA 130
We cleaned the stairs into the pool thoroughly using a bleach solution before putting them back in but I am wondering if there was any residual algae on the solar cover. The numbers look good but because of the fluctuation in numbers from last night to this morning and because of a few slimy feeling spots I am not sure if I should just vacuum and scrub or if I should SLAM the pool one more time. I am also wondering if the TA is too high. Thanks for help!

Your pH is high. If you bring it down and it goes right back up then you can start bringing the TA down AFTER you clear the algae bloom.

I'd bring your pH down to 7.2 with MA and SLAM the pool again. Brush the walls and floor! Get that solar cover off and scrub it with a bleach solution out in the yard and rinse it off. If you leave the solar cover on for days at a time, it can breed algae too. At least it does in my pool. You have to take it off every other day and brush the floor and such.

Did you maintain your FC at a min of 4-6ppm? If you forgot about it and let it fall too far, this is why it came back, coupled with very warm water. How is the water looking?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.