Lounge chairs & chaises fabric choices

Sep 1, 2014
Murphy, TX
We are trying to decide on our lounge chairs and chaises for our new pool, and I'm stuck on the fabric choices. For the chaise lounges should we get the cushions or should we be considering the Sunbrella PVC/Acrylic Sling Fabric? I've heard that the cushions are comfortable, but can be really hot. I've heard the Sunbrella PVC/Acrylic Sling Fabric is breathable and cool, but it doesn't look very comfortable. Any thoughts from experienced owners on which route we should go? Thank you!

Re: Lounge chairs & chaises fabric choices

We prefer sling stuff near the pool, especially chaises. Mostly because it drains water better, both from you and from rain. Putting a towel on it helps with comfort or hot fabric. It is comfortable enough. Cushioned stuff is definitely more comfy and we have cushioned chairs and footstools around the firepit and places where we sit when not wet from the pool. We tip the chairs up over the footstool to help with rain.

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed you are in Murphy. Target has decent chaises in spring that are cheap and nice. Like 60-80 bucks. We got them to try out three years ago and still have them.

I totally agree with pooldv on the fabric.

As an option, there is no reason I know of why you coldnt put a cushion on a sling fabric lounge chair, for those times when the occasion might call for it.
:)

Hey, that's a great idea! Lowe's has tons of cushions, we buy some occasionally for new colors or to replace the ones the squirrels robbed to build their houses. Also, we were at Lowe's yesterday and saw similar sling chaises to ours for 80 bucks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.