Louisiana New Pool Build quote - Need advice

dgeorg6

Nov 28, 2023
Louisiana
Below is the specs for our new pool. I have never built a pool but have taken care of a couple in my days. Any tips\advice on things that should be changed\added?? Also I was thinking of switching to a sand filter instead of cartridge. Good idea or no?

Also Salt or Chlorine? Plan on doing salt. Have only ever dealt with chlorine pools though.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

28' x 14' "Custom" shaped pool.
Depth to be 3'6" up to 5'. Approx 385 square feet & 96 linear feet.
- Marble Coping - Ceramic 6" Waterline Pool Tile.
- 4 water returns in pool.
- Benches/swimouts/tanning shelves: See drawing for details.
- Plaster color: Light Grey - 2 skimmers. - 2 bottom drains.
- 25’ x 18” high wall not including measurement of 2, 2’ x 2’ x 2’ columns with 1’ power falls in each.
Wall to be faced with split-face marble or marble paver. Wall to have a 1, 5' manual fire strip.

*** Equipment to be used for pool:
- 1, Jandy Pro Series PDA PS6 Computer System with wireless remote control**
- 1, Jandy Pro Series 2 HP VS Speed High Performance Energy Efficient Pool ePump.
- 1, Jandy Polaris 8640 Robot Pool Cleaner.
- 1, Jandy Pro Series CV Cartridge Filter.
- 1, Jandy Nature 2 Pool Sanitizer System
- 2, Jandy Nichless Pro Series Pool Light(s). Color: Multi
*** All Jandy equipment comes with a 3 year warranty.

Hot Tub
Will build a gunite* hot tub with the following specifications: - 6' x 6' x 12" hot tub attached to pool spilling into pool via an overflow.
- Marble Coping
- Plaster color: Light Grey
- Ceramic 6" Waterline Pool Tile
Equipment to be used for spa:
- 1, Jandy Nichless Pro Series Pool Light. Color: Multi
- 6 water/air jets.
- 1 Air Supply Silencer HP booster pump for air/water jets.
- Jandy JXi 400,000 BTU Natural Gas Heater***
- 2 bottom drains.
*** All Jandy equipment comes with a 3 year parts and labor warranty.

Upgrades
- Jandy Heat/cool pump: $8000.
- Alpha iQ+ Polaris Robot Cleaner upgrade: $1800
- iAquaLink iPhone upgrade: $1500
- Decking not included.

Attachments

• douglas george r3_002.JPG
    douglas george r3_002.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 32
  • douglas george r3_001.JPG
    douglas george r3_001.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 33
Hey D and Welome !!

1,000,000 % go with salt. Once you get over learning something new, which we'll be your training wheels for, the pool operates on auto-pilot. You're still needed occasionally to steer it a little, but more often than not your tests just confirm you're still on target.

While there are millions each of all 3 filter styles performing great, many are abandoning sand and DE, and the overwhelming majority would never go back. Whatever you decide, you want a large filter. The larger the filter, the longer it goes between cleanings, no more no less. That upcharge for going bigger will pay you back for a generation and equates to peanuts yearly.

Below is the specs for our new pool. I have never built a pool but have taken care of a couple in my days. Any tips\advice on things that should be changed\added?? Also I was thinking of switching to a sand filter instead of cartridge. Good idea or no?

Also Salt or Chlorine? Plan on doing salt. Have only ever dealt with chlorine pools though.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

28' x 14' "Custom" shaped pool.
Depth to be 3'6" up to 5'. Approx 385 square feet & 96 linear feet.
- Marble Coping - Ceramic 6" Waterline Pool Tile.
- 4 water returns in pool.
- Benches/swimouts/tanning shelves: See drawing for details.
- Plaster color: Light Grey - 2 skimmers. - 2 bottom drains.
- 25’ x 18” high wall not including measurement of 2, 2’ x 2’ x 2’ columns with 1’ power falls in each.
Wall to be faced with split-face marble or marble paver. Wall to have a 1, 5' manual fire strip.

*** Equipment to be used for pool:
- 1, Jandy Pro Series PDA PS6 Computer System with wireless remote control**
- 1, Jandy Pro Series 2 HP VS Speed High Performance Energy Efficient Pool ePump.
- 1, Jandy Polaris 8640 Robot Pool Cleaner.
- 1, Jandy Pro Series CV Cartridge Filter.
- 1, Jandy Nature 2 Pool Sanitizer System
- 2, Jandy Nichless Pro Series Pool Light(s). Color: Multi
*** All Jandy equipment comes with a 3 year warranty.

Hot Tub
Will build a gunite* hot tub with the following specifications: - 6' x 6' x 12" hot tub attached to pool spilling into pool via an overflow.
- Marble Coping
- Plaster color: Light Grey
- Ceramic 6" Waterline Pool Tile
Equipment to be used for spa:
- 1, Jandy Nichless Pro Series Pool Light. Color: Multi
- 6 water/air jets.
- 1 Air Supply Silencer HP booster pump for air/water jets.
- Jandy JXi 400,000 BTU Natural Gas Heater***
- 2 bottom drains.
*** All Jandy equipment comes with a 3 year parts and labor warranty.

Upgrades
- Jandy Heat/cool pump: $8000.
- Alpha iQ+ Polaris Robot Cleaner upgrade: $1800
- iAquaLink iPhone upgrade: $1500
- Decking not included.
Just in case (some people don’t realize) know that a salt pool IS a chlorine pool. The machine just makes the chlorine for you from the slightly salty water.

I agree with the recommendations above. I would also recommend a 4’ to 5’ or 6’ depth profile. Make sure the steps leading to the tanning shelf and from the tanning shelf into the main pool have reasonable “rises” (7” - 8”) per each step to facilitate getting in and out of the pool. You may want to consider a Glacier-style evaporative chiller; if you do, make sure you allow enough space on your equipment pad as they are large units.

Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.