Loud Pump - Any ideas?

May 9, 2016
Lynchburg, VA
I've had a lovely trouble free pool all summer until my pump started running really loudly today. It sounds roughly the same, just MUCH louder. I only have a couple years experience with a pool, so I wanted to ask your advice. Please, take a look at this video. Anyone experience something like this? Perhaps, it's an internal blockage of some kind or maybe it's just worn out.

The pressure is normal, the pump has plenty of water, and water is coming out of the jets just fine. I've lived here for about three years and I don't have any information on how old the pump is. Though the previous owner lived here eight years and didn't mention that it was a new pump.

Thanks for your help!

Sounds like the bearings are going bad to me. I replaced my pump a couple of years ago when mine went south. You may be able to replace just the motor in your case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.