Lost sock

Jun 6, 2015
Cedar Run NJ
Hello All,
Have a bit of a problem and could use some help lol.
I was adding stabilizer through my skimmer via sock and while I was cleaning the skimmer basket this morning my sock fell in and disappeared.
Can someone guide me thru on how I may recover the sock. Filter will run but am not getting suction thru skimmer.

Thank You

By chance did the sock still have any of the stabilizer in it? I'm guessing it is wedged in the pipe and as the stabilizer dissolves some more it might be able to move through the system easier. So if the hose method doesn't work I wouldn't immediately panic. Maybe give it a few hours to dissolve more of the stabilizer and try again or see if the pump doesn't pull it through to the pump basket. Could also try changing the valves so there is more suction on the skimmer line.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:eek:

My husband did that once. Put the sock in the skimmer while emptying the skimmer basket. He was surprised the sock wasn't there when he turned back around?? Showed up a few seconds later in the pump basket.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.