Lost my net in my cold Maine pool...

Mimipell521

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Holden, Maine
Whoops. I lost my leaf rake in the middle of my 65ish degree pool. [emoji24] Anyone want to go for a nice, "refreshing", swim for me?? Or better yet, anyone have any ideas on how to fish it out without having to take a swim yet? Brrrrrr!
66ac33746d94ec21ae43346c55bdd327.jpg

:laughblue: Bwaahaaa! We can laugh because we've ALL had something like that happen. Usually when it's cold too. Now's a good time to find a local kid who will do anything for a couple bucks. :snorkle: If you don't have another long pole, maybe some fishing line or rope with a weight on the end and drag it closer to the side?

IMG_1643.jpglets assume 30 FT of fishing line. Put a couple of 1 oz lead weights about 3 ft apart in the middle of the line and get 2 people one on each side of the pool and carefully drag the weights along the bottom toward the net and try to get the line under the net. Once the line is under the net near the head have one person hold both ends of the line and carefully pull towards the net head and side of the pool

A couple broom sticks and duct tape! Really if you cant get the fishing line under the pole try getting as much weight as possible on the line and get it in the net and pull it closer so you could reach in with a broom or something similar. I had the same issue this spring before doing my SLAM. You are lucky and can see yours. My water was black when it happened to me. I knew the general area it went in but it was still a nasty game of hide and seek

My five year old would swim down and get it. After we moved into our house with our pool they all sprouted gills, like me I guess. This is the first year that I waited til the water was 70 to get in. I usually jump in to celebrate the pool being open. Two years ago it was 50 degrees, last year it was 55. Go for it! It's supposed to be good for the lymphatic system too. [emoji33][emoji98]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.