lost my Magnetic Stir Bar for Smart Stir? Temp alternatives?

Put the vial in a plastic bowl and gently place it in the toilet like a boat. Then flush and squeeze drops.

*you folks without stirring devices take note that OP doesn't want to go just a couple days swirling by hand. They are THAT awesome.

Reactions: TimandCeri
Put the vial in a plastic bowl and gently place it in the toilet like a boat. Then flush and squeeze drops.

*you folks without stirring devices take note that OP doesn't want to go just a couple days swirling by hand. They are THAT awesome.
HA HA HA HA HA creative sugestion. And yes, if you do not have a stirring device, YOU NEED ONE. I mean, who stirs by HAND??? like what??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
FYI, the ones that tftestkits.net sells are also 20 x 8mm, so you picked the right size. They work great in the tftestkits vials and in the Taylor 9198 vials -- and unlike cylindrical stir bars, they don't roll away and get lost if they fall on the floor.

I keep one in the vial I use for chlorine tests, and another in the vial I use for everything else.

Reactions: JamesW
That's what came with mine. I guess newer ones do? My kit was new to me last year.
Mine just came with the bar. I bought a bunch of them though to make sure I don’t loose one. I couldn’t imagine going with out one, that would stink.. because I would have to use the toilet method…

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.