Looking to switch to salt

tagteamcomputing

Gold Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
Tulsa, OK
With the increase in the price of bleach, I am finally thinking of making the change to salt. My wife thinks she might prefer it and a little less maintenance.

I am looking at the CircuPool EDGE-40 Salt Chlorine Generator and I have two main questions:
1. I have heard the salt can be harder on the concrete deck, should I wash it down after swimming when a lot of water splashes out.
2. I have also heard I need to get something for the heater to keep it from corroding.

Thanks

Neither of your questions are accurate.
You might be surprised what your current pools salinity is. All forms of chlorine (excluding SWCG and chlorine gas) add salt to your pool. Is your concrete deck having issues now?
There is no need for anything concerning your heater. Low pH is what corrodes the heat exchanger.

I am looking at the CircuPool EDGE-40 Salt Chlorine Generator and I have two main questions:
1. I have heard the salt can be harder on the concrete deck, should I wash it down after swimming when a lot of water splashes out.

Depends on the quality of your concrete. Salt is often blamed for poor quality concrete work that would have had problems with or without the system.

Washing the deck may help and cannot hurt.

2. I have also heard I need to get something for the heater to keep it from corroding.

Think about it. Every major pool equipment manufacturer sells salt systems and heaters. Would they be selling one system that makes the other corrode?

Heaters corrode without salt systems. Salt systems are what are often blamed with no basis.

Switch to salt whenever.

The sooner you do it the less You will say you should have done it sooner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.