Looking forward to beginning my journey!

mrcwise

Jul 20, 2023
West Chester, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
While I await my new Pro test kit from TFP, I’m maintaining water chemistry as best I can with strips and pool store readings. I’ve been dealing with a bout of brown(?) algae (looks like sand but clouds up at a brush)that has had me at my wits end, I vacuum, sweep, chlorinate, etc and it keeps coming back but I’ve got it down to a much smaller amount. It did cover my entire pool bottom last week. I’ve been getting my ph down from 8.1 to mid 7 since this past Sat and looking forward to my first SLAM. I need to get my CYA up as well. The pics are after I’ve swept to waste 3X which is getting H2O expensive and I’m hoping I can take care of this little bit with SLAM? Any suggestions before I take off?

Attachments

• IMG_1103.jpeg
    IMG_1103.jpeg
    369.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1104.jpeg
    IMG_1104.jpeg
    532.4 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Be patient and wait for your TF-Pro kit to arrive. Accuracy is everything. In the meantime, you can add 5 ppm of liquid chlorine to the water each day. Also start reviewing the SLAM Process page so you know what to expect. If you have any questions we'll be glad to help. Have a nice weekend. :swim:

Also see -----> Pool Care Basics

You mentioned raising your CYA. Depending on where it's at, you might be better served waiting until after you finish the SLAM process so you don't have to maintain a high Chlorine level (during the SLAM process)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.