Looking for wedding cake steps recommendations

Oct 9, 2017
Nevada City, ca
I have a 26x15 AGP and am looking for wedding cake steps. If you have them, what do you like about them? Pictures are always great. What don't you like? How did you attach them? To the pool rail or to a deck?
Any suggestions are appreciated. Brand recommendations and companies, please.
Thanks!

This is the brand I have:

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Wave-NE100BL-Wedding-Cake/dp/B00DBXHPLA

It came in one box with each piece nested in the other. It was easy to assemble.

One thing I did was use a large screw driver to "clean up" the holes as there were several with plastic still filled in.

This my first spring with them so still waiting to see how they do as far as algae growth. I did buy a turkey baster just for adding chlorine right in the holes. I plan on doing this every Saturday.

We love them. Makes is so easy to get in and out. Nice to sit on as well. We mounted them to the deck. Hubby did have to use some 2x4 to build up where he screwed them down as he went over the top cap.

Kim:kim:

I've had them before. I loved how solid they were compared to the steps I have now. I had to put my current steps together and I'm actually looking for a new set of steps. I also loved how my young children got to dock on the steps and play in the water either to play, sit or just take a break. They also used it as a home base for pool games.

The things I didn't like was the algae growth and dead space it had created behind the steps. Honestly, I'd pull the steps 2 times a week to clean because a week is too long to go. With very warm weather and water, the algae would grow. This is the only draw back that I could say about these steps other than they need to be weighted down with at least 50lbs+ of weights. The downfall to this is that YOU literally have to get into the pool at end of season to remove these weights as they sit under a lip of the last step. I use to pay my son to get into the cold water and do it for me. These steps will also wear the print off of a vinyl liner from daily use. I'm not sure if a mat under the steps would help with rubbing or not. If the steps are going in the same spot every year, it may not matter to you.

I'd buy the steps again considering all the negatives I wrote. They are solid.

I've had really good luck with the Confir curve steps. You can get just the steps or add the side to them to make them like a wedding cake step. I've never had an issue with algae on or under any part of the steps. They are also rock solid and feel very sturdy and I'm not a small person. The kids jump and play off of them all the time and so far they still look and feel brand new.

I have just the basic steps and can remove them from the pool onto the deck by pulling up on the railings. You just have to go slow and let the water drain out as the come out of the water. The sides are supposed to get filled with sand to weigh down the steps, that's how I did mine and haven't had any issues with them.

I have had the Majestic 8000 steps and really like them. The younger grandkids use them sit and rest. I haven't had any problems with algae growing behind them.
medium.jpg

We also have the Confer. Very solid. Somehow one of the plugs came off and went missing during close last year. Called Confer and they mailed me 6 no charge. I haven't attached them to anything because I like the freedom to move them. They stay in place as long as no one goes crazy in the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.