Looking for the right stenner pump + fittings

edwin2014

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 18, 2014
Europe / The Netherlands
I am the owner of an great Artic Klondike and running it the tfp method with chlorine an hydrochloric acid. In one of the pipes I made a T-fitting where a ball valve (VDL PVC Kogelkraan 2 x binnendraad - PVCbuis) is attached to which a hose goes to a perstaltic pump (Slangenpomp MP2-R (01-03) - Dutch Water Tech - Waterbehandeling) powered by 230V AC
The pump is set to a small 10mL/minute flow and is switch on and off by a timer twice a day for 43 minutes
Big problem is the injector connected to the ball valve which always dissolves because of the chlorine and now I am looking for a Stenner solution.

I think the Stenner Econ VX (Stenner peristaltic pumps Econ VX adjustable, FX fixed on and off metering) would be a good replacement for the pump but now the tubing/injector part. Looking at the current solution i think i need:
- Pump (my bet would be the Stenner Econ VX 2,1mL to 102,- mL per minute)
- Mounting bracket for mounting to a side wall
- check-valve to connect to the ball valve so it need to have 1/2"thread on the outside
- tubing from ball valve to the pump (appr 15 feet)
- pump tube
- suction tube from barrel to pump (appr 2 feet)

All resistent to 12,5% Sodium Hypochlorite (Chlorine)

Anyone who could translate this into a part number list?
I asked Stenner but got brushed off and send to a dealer but i'm not totally sure if i would get the best solution in terms of price/performance.
Yes i'm able to arrange transport from USA to the Netherlands.

Thanks in advance for guidence,
Edwin

Hi Ed - I stumbled on this slightly old thread. You still need help? Im not sure exactly what your question is but I can probably help with any Stenner setup.
If I remember right any new Stenner comes with tubing and the injection port so there might not be a parts list beyond just picking your pump

@trivetman. Yes, if you would.
Totally missed the posts and had a few other things on my mind so i did not search back to my post.
My challenge is the connection from the stenner to the mentioned ball valve. I just noticed the link i gave was a bit hard to understand (multiple models) but the ball valve has 1/2" inner thread so the injector has to have outer threat 1/2" to make it fit.
Perhaps that's even part of the product but i don't know, if you could help clear this up?

Ed - the stenner injector has two thread size options, 1/4” and 1/2” npt, both male threads. Below are links to the part and also some documentation. No need to buy the injector separately as it should come with the pump. If your ball valve is female 1/2” npt you should be all set. Hopefully you can find the right adapters otherwise.

are thread standards the same across the Atlantic?

Stenner Pump Company UCDBINJ Injection Check Valve 1/4-Inch Stenner Pump Company UCDBINJ Injection Check Valve 1/4-Inch: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Last edited:
Hi trivetman. Thanks for your info.
Thread are the same. Somehow it's has become the standard in hvac so also for waterworks.
Which line should I need for chlorine?
Second. I have female 1/2 at the ball valve but not tapered. So I probably need a 1/2 straight to 3/8 tapered adapter to get a chlorine proof seal?

Yes you will want an adapter to tapered thread but you want to have 1/4” or 1/2”female npt tapered, not 3/8”.

the tubing material you want is santoprene. This refers to the tube inside the pump itself. You have a choice of tubing sizes here which in part determines the flow rate. On a fixed rate pump the tubing size is the only determination of rate. On a variable speed pump the tubing size gives the max rate but the pump can throttle down its rotation speed. Make sense?

the tubing running from stenner to injection port should also come with the pump. 1/4” uv resistant (black) is the best choice.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.