Bronze Supporter
Feb 28, 2023
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I started replacing my pool equipment and I'm stuck a bit here. Maybe I am to focused on not creating anymore 90 degree turns but someone talk some sense into me.

The image shows the pipe right under the T, which is the main drain, will need 2 90s to move it to the right to utilize the 3 ways properly.

Does anyone see any other way to set this up to limit the 90s needed for the main drain?

Also is it frowned upon using street elbows?

PXL_20230809_221652128~2.jpg

The only thing that matters is that you use pressure rated fittings and not DWV.

Sweep 90s have less restricion but no gain you'd ever notice. When possible use them just because, a few bucks more each won't make you lose your house, but when space is tight, the others are fine.

Adding a 90 or five will also never be noticed, so do it however it works best for you.

I started replacing my pool equipment and I'm stuck a bit here. Maybe I am to focused on not creating anymore 90 degree turns but someone talk some sense into me.

The image shows the pipe right under the T, which is the main drain, will need 2 90s to move it to the right to utilize the 3 ways properly.

Does anyone see any other way to set this up to limit the 90s needed for the main drain?

Also is it frowned upon using street elbows?

View attachment 521064
Street 90s are fine. They can save some room.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.